“Danny has created the definitive how-to playbook for entrepreneurs who want
to build their brand. It’s everything they don’t teach you in business school, but
should. You need this on your bookshelf."
— Matt Hayes, former head of marketing at Leesa Sleep
You have a great idea for a new business. But how do you write well enough to inspire your audience and grow sales?
In 'Ultimate Comms Guide,' Danny Rubin, an award-winning author and the founder of Rubin, guides you through a series of short "skill-builder" exercises that teach you how to write across several challenging scenarios.
Top corporations (ex: Dupont, ADP) and universities (ex: Texas A&M, Michigan State) endorse and teach Rubin's techniques.
The units include:
FIND YOUR BIG IDEA
- Match Your Passion with Purpose
- Understand Income and Expenses
- Do a Competitive Analysis
- Identify Ideal Customers
- Decide on a Marketing Plan
- Become a Legal Business Operation
- How to Introduce Yourself to a Company for the First Time
- How to Invite New Business Prospects to an Event
- How to Thank Someone for Attending an Event
- How to Announce You Started a New Business
HOW TO WRITE WEBSITE CONTENT
- Mission Statement
- About Us
- Services (or Products) Page
- Staff Bios
- Photo Captions
- Blog Post -- Write a Profile on a Staff Member
- Blog Post -- Write a Post on a Recent Success
PUBLIC RELATIONS 101
- Press Release Part 1 -- Header Information
- Press Release Part 2 -- Headline and Subheadline
- Press Release Part 3 -- Body of the Press Release
- Press Release Part 4 -- Send to the Media
- Press Release Part 5 -- How and When to Follow Up with the Media
- Press Release Part 6 -- How to Send Photos/Videos to the Media After the Event
- Brainstorm -- Rely on Strong Detail
- Tell a Powerful Story (Parts 1-4)
- Tell a Powerful Story (Parts 5-8)
- Kickstarter Part 1 -- Write a "Short Blurb"
- Kickstarter Part 2 -- Write the "Rewards"
- Kickstarter Part 3 -- Write a "Project Description"
- Kickstarter Part 4 -- Write "Risks and Challenges"
- Kickstarter Part 5 -- Write "About You"
By completing the final quiz associated with the exercises, you can earn various digital badges (jpeg images) based on the topic you cover. The badges can appear on your LinkedIn profile, resume or professional blog!
You also receive a digital copy of Rubin's popular book of writing templates, Wait, How Do I Promote My Business? (228 pages) -- a $17 value!